Legal Malpractice Claims
A lawyer is supposed to be your trusted legal professional. Unfortunately, the bond of trust between the client and the lawyer is sometimes broken, leaving the client feeling betrayed and financially devastated.
The following are just a few examples of mistakes made by lawyers that can give rise to a legal malpractice claim:
- The failure to file a lawsuit within the applicable statute of limitations;
- The failure to join all the appropriate parties to a lawsuit;
- The failure to properly review and prepare all documents for a real estate closing;
- The failure to protect a business from the liabilities of another business it purchases.
Recourse through the Florida Bar is limited. The Bar can discipline a lawyer for unethical conduct or malfeasance, but the Bar does not have the power to compel a lawyer to compensate the client for damages suffered.
If you believe that you have been harmed financially because of your attorney's negligence, you may have a claim for legal malpractice. Please feel free to call me to discuss your case. The initial consultation is free and you will speak directly with me, Eric Luckman, about your claim.
- Legal Ethics Complaint Against States Attorney Dropped Our Palm Beach legal malpractice attorney was interested to read recently in the Sun-Sentinel that the complaint against State Attorney Michael ....
- Lawsuit Aims to Expose Inadequacies of Temp Lawyers When meeting with a West Palm Beach personal injury lawyer it is reasonable for all local residents to expect to have one-on-one meeting with their ....
- Attorney General Institutes Lawsuit Against Florida Attorney for Legal Malpractice With the economy's rapid decline, many consumers, even those who once thought they had excellent job security, have found themselves unemployed and in ....