When choosing an insurance claim errors lawyer Delray Beach FL residents often call the Law Office of The Law Office of Eric H. Luckman, P.A. As a Delray Beach insurance claim errors lawyer who fights hard for justice, Eric H. Luckman has provided trustworthy legal counsel to clients for more than 32 years. You can feel confident that you’re in good hands. If you have concerns about serious errors made by your insurance agent, please call our office to arrange a free consultation to review your case. Prior to contacting The Law Office of Eric H. Luckman, P.A., you may find the following information of interest.
The Legal Responsibilities of Insurance Agents
Insurance agents have a legal responsibility to fully understand the insurance products they sell. They also have an ethical and moral mandate to determine which policies meet a client’s need for coverage that is specifically requested or clearly needed by the insured. An agent’s failure to obtain the insurance requested or needed can result in financial disaster for the insured. When an insurance agent makes a mistake, a claim for negligence, sometimes referred to as an “error or omissions claim” can be brought against that agent. Many agents carry error and omissions insurance coverage to protect them from such a claim by clients. This is because situations like these are surprisingly common. An insurance claim errors lawyer Delray Beach FL offers can review your situation and determine if you have a case. Eric Luckman has helped many clients who were financially harmed due to negligence on the part of their insurance carrier.
The types of damages, or losses, that are frequently recovered in cases of insurance agent errors or omissions include:
- Inadequate insurance coverage. For example, if a client has a million dollar commercial building for his business, the agent should not insure the building for half that value. As long as it can be proven that the agent was aware of the value, risk, or condition associated with what was being insured, they can be held liable for providing inadequate coverage.
- Not providing the type of insurance coverage that insurer requested. For example, if a client has an airplane for which they want full coverage but the agent does not include passenger liability, this can financially devastate the client should a crash occur. Whether or not the plane is involved in an accident, the client can file a claim against the agent if he can prove he requested full coverage.
- Not suggesting appropriate types of insurance coverage that the client clearly needed. For example, if an agent does not offer flood insurance though he or she knew that the client’s home was located on a floodplain. Again, it comes down to the fact that the agent had to know the house was in a floodplain.
Filing a Claim Against an Insurance Agent If You Have Suffered
Claims against an insurance agent are often coupled with claims against an insurance company. Many victims do not want to represent himself or herself in court, so they hire an insurance claim errors lawyer in Delray Beach FL. This is often a wise strategy for folks who are not legal-minded. Unfortunately, the legal system can be very frustrating and difficult to navigate in these types of cases. Here are some important points to keep in mind:
- If an agent is an agent for the company, as opposed to an independent broker, then the insurance company can be held responsible for any negligence on the part of the agent.
- The question of whether or not the negligent individual is an agent for the company can only be determined after a thorough analysis of the facts and the legalities. This may be best handled by a competent insurance claim errors lawyer Delray Beach FL homeowners, renters, and motorists recommend.
An Insurance Claim Errors Lawyer Delray Beach FL Turns to for Help
If you believe that you have been harmed financially because of your insurance agent’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation from the agent or their insurance company. Please feel free to call me to discuss your case. The initial consultation is free and you will speak directly with Eric Luckman. It is strongly recommended to contact our office if you would like to talk with an insurance claim errors lawyer Delray Beach FL trusts about your situation.